Sunday, April 15, 2012

Raining stripers 4/15











Had to be raining stripers tonight , for the boat to fill up so quick.But the night definetly didnt start out that easy for Dave, Garrett, Greg and Jimmy. I knew the area I had wanted to work tonight, but the marks were very scattered and while a few of my friends were picking up some trolling we had only put one striper in the box after a few hours . A few times bird life built and it looked like something was going to happen , only for it to break up quick. The birds had continued to look hard while moving south by the hundreds , making us look even harder for that flurry to start , way too much life for a good chew not to happen . We had just moved south of the area when I got a call to look North where we had all just been . There was the cloud we were looking for , and we ran there as quick as my boat would move. I was determined to get us on bass , as this was to be Dave and his sons Garrett first striper trip , and for Greg who I met at the fisherman march first time on my boat.The good thing was not only were the fish stacked up , we left them biting at dark to head back in ,with everyone having sore arms and my thumbs raw from unhooking alot of fish. One of those nights that reminds me how much I enjoy sharing what I can on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment